Call for Papers
The goal of the conference is to discuss the trends in science, education and business cooperation in Russia and Europe and their impact on the development of Russian and European innovation landscapes.
The conference addresses a wide audience of Russian and European researchers, teachers, and business people, as well as public administrators, policy makers and representatives of research foundations.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Stefano Breschi, Bocconi University, Italy
- Manfred M. Fischer, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Irina Dezhina, Institute of World Economy and International Relations – Russian Academy of Sciences
- Vera Minina and Nikita Basov, St. Petersburg State University, Russia
- Nataliya Smorodinskaya, Institute of Economics – Russian Academy of Sciences
- Ray Pinto, Microsoft Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Joris Lenssen, Academy of Business in Society, Belgium
- Yuri Blagov, St. Petersburg State University, Russia
- Nick Lin-Hi, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Andrei Mogoutov, AGUIDEL Consulting, France
- Diana Hicks, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Conference events cover the following topics:
- Bridging Innovation Landscapes across National Borders: Challenges and Opportunities.
- Institutional Contexts for Innovation Clusters: Bringing Companies, Universities and Public Authorities together.
- Interpersonal Relations: The Driver for Innovation Landscapes.
- Cross-Sectoral Mobility of Researchers: European Experience and Russian Realities.
- Sustainable Relations between Universities & Business Organizations.
- The Diversity of Innovation Systems: University-Industry Collaboration in Europe, Russia, and the USA.
- Interaction between Universities, Government and Business: The Basis for Sustainable and Competitive Innovation Systems.
- The Economic Mechanisms needed to support Innovative Cooperation in Science, Education and Business.
- Scientometrics at the Service of Science, Technology, and Business.
- Spanning the Gap between Science and Business in the Innovation Landscapes of Russia: Models, Barriers and the Role of Academic Brokers.
The conference will also host the following practical events:
- International workshop Funding Research: Current Models and New Opportunities.
- Round table From Idea to Result: The experience of Innovative Interaction of Business with Science and Education.
- International workshop Cross-Border Collaboration of Businesses, Academia and Authorities: The Case of Water Management in the Kaliningrad-Poland-Lithuania Triangle.
The conference will include a special session and reception devoted to the 10th anniversary of Centre for German and European Studies (St. Petersburg State University - Bielefeld University).
Working languages: Main conference language is English. Plenary and keynote speeches, workshops and round tables will be translated into both English and Russian. See descriptions of other events for their languages.
Hosts: St. Petersburg State University and European University at St. Petersburg.
Publication: Abstracts will be published as a part of conference program. Selected full papers (2000 - 2500 words) will be published in Russian and international peer-reviewed journals. Currently, an agreement has been achieved with the journal Innovations, one of the leading economics journals in Russia.
Additional support for PhD students: The organizing committee will provide accommodation in St. Petersburg for selected PhD students participating in the conference. To apply for accommodation coverage please select it in the respective field of the registration form.
Key dates: Abstracts submission and registration deadline: September 2 2013 (prolonged). Notifications of acceptance / rejection for abstracts submitted after July 10 (via e-mail): September 10 2013. Full papers (optional) submission deadline: December 20 2013.